Wednesday 10 October 2012

UFS 211 - Blog 4: In your own words, describe the stages of 'Writing Process'. Provide example of the topic sentences, supporting sentences & concluding sentences.

Stages of writing


Get ideas -
o Prewriting activities
o Free writing
o Listing
o Mind map
o bubbling 

Organize ideas -
o Arrange your ideas for writing
o Decide which ideas to use.
o Will you use all of the ideas or only some?
o Think about the order of your ideas.

Write -
o Write the first draft.
o Get comfortable and relax.
o In the first draft, try to write your ideas in an interesting way.
o Don’t worry about the mistakes.

Revise -
o Check your ideas and irrelevant sentences.
o Did you follow your plan?
o Or did you change your plan while writing?
o Ask yourself, “Did I say what I wanted to say?”

Edit -
o Check the grammar in your paragraph.
o It is important to revise your ideas first and then edit your grammar.

Write -
o Rewrite the first draft
o Write the topic
o Submit




topic sentences
  1. My special treasure is a picture of my mother on her fifteenth birthday.
  2. There are many different ways of using eggs in cooking.

supporting sentences
  1. This picture is always in my house when I was growing up. Years later when I got married and moved to Montreal, my mother gave it to me so that I would always remember her. Now, it sits on my table next to my bed. I look at it and, imagine my mother’s life on that day. I think she was excited because her eyes are shining with happiness. Her smile is shy as if she were thinking about a secret. She is standing next to rose bush, and the roses are taller than she is. She is wearing a beautiful white lace dress and black shoes. Her hair is long and curly. She looks lovely in this peaceful place, and I feel calm when I gaze into her eyes at the end of my busy day.
  2. They can be boiled lightly and eaten with toast. Hard boiled eggs are good for picnics, sandwiches or use in salads. Fried, poached and scrambled eggs are commonly eaten at breakfast, while an omelette provides a light and nourishing meal at any time. For an exotic touch, eggs can be curried or used in sauces such as mayonnaise and hollandaise sauce. To give lightness and substance, eggs are usually added to cakes and pastries.


concluding sentences
  1. This picture of my mother is my most valuable possession.
  2. There are few foods that are as nourishing and versatile as egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment